Saturday, October 19, 2013

Technical Difficulties by Chad Hess

The past six weeks at the church have been very busy for me.  We have launched one home church in Clermont and two Worship Cafés at the Winter Park Hospital.  This is on top of the large amount of troubleshooting, technical problems, special events, and regular duties I have.  I have a Bible study with my AV leaders on some Saturday mornings, but this particular week I had several urgent matters that had to be dealt with first.  I decided to have another team member lead the Bible study since I was not sure if I would be able to make it or not.  As it turned out, I was able to join them late.

Our study was on Habakkuk, Chapter 3, and as we talked about the last few verses, I felt God speaking to me.  Habakkuk talks about praising and trusting God—even when things aren't going right.  It was exactly the message I needed to hear that morning, as I was so busy trying to figure out how to fix a multitude of problems.  And I almost missed it.

Life gets crazy.  We are all busy.  It’s very easy for our time with God to get squeezed out or pushed back.  That day I was reminded that it is precisely in those times that we need Him most.  God was waiting for me with precisely the message I needed to hear, if I would just stop and listen.

The following is a paraphrase I wrote that morning, substituting the technical problems I was dealing with at the time.  While the problems you face may be very different, the comfort that God is with us is true for everyone.

“Though the video feed doesn't work and the computer crashes, though the EQ is off and lightning fries the Cat5 cable, though the AV tech is MIA, and the show file gets erased, yet I will exult in the Lord. I will rejoice that God will save me, and I will have faith. He is my strength and my salvation.”  Habakkuk 3:17-18 CRV (Chad’s Revised Version)


Chad Hess

No comments:

Post a Comment